Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy First Birthdays!

I just love this little card! I love birds right now; I just bought a few but haven't had time to use them yet. Where does the time go???

This one was made for my niece's first birthday. On the inside it reads "You're 1!".

My brother and his family, well heck just about my whole family, live in Pennsylvania. My niece and nephew have the pleasure of sharing their special day together - they're twins! I'll share her brother's card tomorrow. They are truly a blessing to our family. Of course, when I see pics of them I so wish we lived closer and our kids could know each other better, but I know this is where we belong - at least right now... (*insert pout here*)

Anyway, for my niece's card, I dug out an old SU! set, Love Ya Bunches - this was one of my first SU! sets and I still go back to it every once in a while, can't seem to part with it, even though not every stamp has been used... (not that I can seem to part with any of my stamps!). The sentiment is from a Michael's dollar stamp. It's one of those square stamps so it was easy to ink up only the sentiment.
I colored each bird with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS, then added some stickles to each one. I remember a day when I didn't own any stickles, now I think I have them all!!!

I hope you like my little Saturday edition. I am off today to do some end of season clearance shopping with the whole family - that should be fun (insert the fakest smile here you can imagine!) Believe it or not it isn't the kids I am worried about, it is my husband. His sense of style is, well let's just say it's coming along. He dresses better when I pick out his clothes! (did I just type that?) :-) I love him anyway, the clothes don't make the man!
Have a fabulous weekend!

What I used:
Paper: Kraft, Basic Grey Blush, Martha Stewart Feldspar & Pink Carnation, PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps: SU! Love Ya Bunches, $ Stamp Michaels
Ink: Timber Brown Staz On, Dew Drops Sahara Sand Sponged on edges
Accessories: Corner Rounder, Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Ribbon - Basic Collection from Michaels, Paper Piercer, Prismacolor Pencils and OMS, Fantastix

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Awwww... Cute Card! I love the colors! Hugs! Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.com