Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So In Love...

I have only made two Valentine's cards so far - I know I am in a bit of a slump. Well, it is more like any free time I have has been devoted to fixing up our house to put it on the market soon - which I am dreading considering the market we are in... But I am learning quite a bit about home repairs. This past weekend I taught myself how to grout tile and it was actually pretty fun. I have aspirations of tiling a dresser now, just the top, an old one that would look really cool all purtied up!

Anyway, this card was actually made for no real reason other than I love my hubby. I gave it him back in December. I hid it in his laptop - a sure fire way to ensure that he sees it! As soon as he got to work he called me to say how much he appreciated and loved it. He was having a very tough few weeks at work and I thought he needed a little pick-me-up. It worked, try it!

Anyway, I read on Michelle Wooderson's blog a while back (she has fabulous tips if you have never visited) about using empty space to its fullest. Can't find the exact post, but check out her blog. So, I tried her trick with this one. I made a heart stencil and placed it behind the stamped image and sponged the heart shape with Versamagic Dew Drops Pixie Dust. It really gave the image more of a WOW factor that just simply stamping those stick figures. What do you think? I was pleased with this one, except that bow now that I look back at the pic. Oh well, he liked it!

Thanks for visiting today! Have a fabulous hump day!


What I used:
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus, SU! Cool Caribbean and Chocolate Chip Base
Stamps: Clearly Wordsworth Love Collection, SU! So Many Sayings
Ink: Staz On Timber Brown, Dew Drops Pixie Pink
Accessories: Ribbon American Crafts reversible, Stickles in Aqua, Tonic Distresser, Sponge, Stamp-a-ma-jig

2 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

This is fabulous! I love the look of the heart!

Hey...ya wanna come do some tile down here?? lol

Vicki Chrisman said...

Love this~!