Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Little Something...

I wanted to share this project because this was very special to me. A while back in this post I wrote about my cousin, Tricia, who was going to be starting chemo for ovarian cancer. Anyone who knows Tricia (or as she calls herself these days *wink* Patty) knows how much she loves to play waitress. She takes coffee orders at every family get together. She never makes the coffee, just likes to take the orders :-) So, when she finished her last chemo treatment, we went up to visit and celebrate with her and her family. She was too busy on the phone with her boyfriend to really notice we were even around :-) but she did enjoy this little gift I made for her - her very own personalized notebook. My 11 year old cousin was there and she loved the polka dots, apparently they are big right now among the tweens :-) She had polka dot socks on and a bandana to boot, so I know my notebook was cool (is it still cool to say cool?) LOL!

The notebook was actually pretty before I covered it, but I did it anyway. I covered the notebook with Mod Podge and adhered the paper, and added the rub-ons (American Crafts) for her name. The P and the heart chipboard are painted with Making Memories Specialty Glaze in Ruby, see the close-up it's pretty shimmery (love it!). I sprayed the cover with an acrylic sealant before I attached the ribbon.

The sentiment obviously has special meaning for her now more so than ever; I know it does for me.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend! We will be very busy again, starting with my son's t-ball game at 8:30 am - UGH! We are test driving cars this weekend for my hubby, I'm praying that goes well because me and car salesmen don't go well together :-(

What I used:

Stamps: PTI Out On A Limb

Paper: MME patterned (I think), Pink is Carnation from Martha Stewart, PTI White

Ink: Staz On Black

Accessories: Ribbon Michaels Basic Basic Collection, American Crafts rub-ons, Mod Podge, Acrylic Sealant, Scallop scissors, Making Memories Specialty Glaze paint Ruby, Black brads MM, Flowers Prima, Chipboard letter Colorbok and heart MM



No comments: