Monday, July 9, 2007

My First Blog Post!

WOW! This is a post of many firsts. This is my first Blog post and my first contest post - Go ME! So, Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy what I have to share and enjoy the journey with me. Like many of you out there, I am new to stamping and card making, but not new to crafts. I have been into some kind of craft since I was in middle school, learning to sew clothes from my mom. She is a super crafty lady, so I guess I inherited my love for crafting from her. But, last summer a friend introduced me to Stampin Up! and I have been hooked on stamping ever since. I am using it in scrapbooking and in card making, and recently started doing some altered art projects. This is addictive!

As is blogging! I have been surfing many a blog these days, learning a great deal about stamping and all the products that are out there. As a result I have probably been buying more than I should, but we need it all right! Nah, I have been pretty good about keeping myself on a budget. But it is ALL so awesome!

I decided that I would submit a post for the Sketch This challenge at Janelle Richmond's blog, http://janellerichmond.typepad.com/sketchthiscards/. This was so exciting for me because I really liked the sketch and the prize is really great too! Now if I could just learn how to take better photos at night... The cards were do by Monday night, and I just barely got it done. I kept putting it off and then next thing I knew it was 9 Monday night - UGH! - and I wasn't even close. But I did submit it at 11:59 Eastern time, so I did meet the deadline. So, off I go for challenge week #2, check it out!

Supplies: The DP is from a chipboard stack I bought at Joanns ages ago, the blue covering the chipboard flowers is MME Magnolia, the red is the PaperCompany, and the white is Papertrey. Brads are all Making Memories, Ribbon is Sheer Creations (Michael's), Flower Punch is All Night Media, Sentiment is Happy Harmony by Stampin UP! Ink, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Warm Red.

No comments: