Friday, September 26, 2008

For A Cause...


I saw Cammie's post on Tuesday and knew I wanted to do something for this. She, through her latest release from Gina K. Designs, is giving 100% of the proceeds from her latest release to the Alzheimer's Association. She has also asked her blog readers to send words of thanks and encouragement to those who care for Alzheimers patients. This card will be mailed, along with two others to the address on her blog:
The Staff at the Artman Home
250 N. Bethlehem Pike
Ambler, PA 19002
Although I do not currently know anyone afflicted with this disease, I fear that it may be in our future. My husband's grandfather suffered with Alzheimer's. Our understanding of Alzheimer's is that it can be genetically passed on to future generations. Although there is a test to detect whether my husband will suffer with this disease, we have decided that this is not something we want to know at this point in our lives. Imagine knowing that somewhere along your journey you will begin to forget the most important people in your life and the most important events that made you who you are. I can not even imagine what the families of those with Alzheimer's go through and how frustrating a disease this is. But I pray for them and a cure in the very near future.

I pray that this disease is nothing but a definition in the medical books so that so many others never have to face the loss of a loved one who is still right in front of them.

God Bless all the caretakers, loved ones, and patients who know all too well what this disease is capable of. May you never have to encounter it!


Make it a perfect weekend!

3 comments:

Barbara Schram said...

Your card is wonderful! And for such a great cause! Hope you are doing well, Kacey!

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card - I really admire it. great cause too.

Kimberly Crawford said...

beautiful card!!! love the hearts!