Saturday, January 12, 2008

Time For an Overhaul...

WOW - has this blog ever been in a vegetative state! Time to give everything an overhaul in 2008! Including my blog!

I set some goals for myself this year that I feel are completely achievable. I was feeling in a bit of a slump towards the end of 2007, lots of adjustments needed to be made, and I am learning that it is an ongoing process. Time management was and continues to be my biggest problem. I don't know how that happened, I used to be great at it! It could be the two kids that have since come along, as well as the current house, and the one we are building - hmmm, maybe that's it!

How do people do it all - I found myself asking that question quite often. I see these women who have it all together, or at least appear to anyway, but I am finding that it is just that an "appearance." Someone actually asked me the other day "How do you do it all? I can barely get myself dressed in the morning!" - you can imagine my astonishment! So, I actually appear to have it all together to someone - gave me a little sense of reality :-) (not to mention happiness!)

Anyway, one of my goals for 2008 is to post more on both SCS (Splitcoaststampers) and on my blog - so here I am with my first of 2008! I really do want this to be a place where family and friends can see what we are up to, but also a place that I can post my work.

Which leads me to a few of the other goals I have set for myself - I want to be published in a papercrafting magazine in 2008 - perhaps Papercrafts or Cards Magazine or even some start up would be fabulous! I have questioned many times (still do), as I am sure most people do, whether my stuff is really all that worthy. So, I am putting myself out there and hope at least one project is!

But to get there from here I need to make a name for myself. So I will submit stuff on-line, as in SCS or contests and see what happens. As I have learned in the "real world" it's good to "know" a lot of people and it can't hurt in the virtual world either! One specific goal I have is to submit my stuff to Nichole Heady at Papertrey, such as the Guest Star Stamper contest she has every month. I love her stamps and her creations, and getting recognition on her blog and site is like the Hollywood of Papercrafting :-) !

I have some personal goals too, things I want to accomplish with my kids, my husband, my friends (old and new) and my family who all live so far away. I really feel 2008 is going to be a banner year for me - and it really is all about how you feel isn't it?!

Thanks for visiting and see you soon!

1 comment:

Shannan Teubner said...

Good to see you blogging again! I can't wait to see your new creations!