Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm still here...

I am sooooooo sorry that I have been remiss in posting anything. I really don't know where the month of September went, and now here we are into week two of October and I still feel like I can't catch up. After deciding not to put my son into preschool this year, I guess I have been feeling like I need to do more things with him, showing him the world. So that's where most of my time has been, devoted to my kids. We are doing preschool things at home and exploring nature a bit. We have been to the beach, went hiking, we shot ears of corn out of a corn cannon, we visited the local gardens, went to a petting zoo, and today we took a hayride and picked some pumkins. By the time we get home, I don't even think about blogging. So, I am sorry to anyone checking back to see if I have done anything new.


I am still creating, just not posting. But, I do hope to change that. I have quite a few things I have been doing actually. I made some scrap pages and sent one to Cara (aka mom2tysonnashlee on SCS) so she could send them to her cousin, a soldier in the Army. She wanted to have a page sent from each state to compile a book of the United States. Check it out...
I like how it turned out, and she seemed happy with it too. I really do appreciate what those soldiers and their families have done and are doing for all of us, and this was truly the least I could do. My husband is a former Marine (Thank God!) so I know what they endure, and can not thank them enough!


I also made some thank you cards for my daughter's second birthday. I was so excited that my new Papertrey Ink set Beautiful Blooms had arrived just in time to make them. Now, so unlike me, I actually stayed up on the night of the 14th of September to see the new holiday releases from PTI. I don't know why I did, I was surfing and looking for inspiration and then it hit me, it was their new release party. So I decided to buy myself an early birthday present, I so deserved it! So of course I had to buy more than just one set to get free shipping, so I also bought Holiday Wishes, which I know will definitely get used on our Christmas cards (maybe not this year as I haven't decided whether or not to undertake that task, but definitely next!).


So where was I, back to the thank you cards. I wanted simple of course, as I had to make quite a few. And this is what I came up with...

The picture really does not do it justice, I had such a hard time getting something good because I took them the night before I mailed them, so the lighting wasn't great. The colors were inspired by the ribbon, which I got at Michael's a few weeks ago when they had their big ribbon extravaganza. Of course the base is PTI Stamper's Select, and I used all Dew Drops inks: Sea Breeze, Pearlescent Purple, Purple Hydrangea and Spanish Olive. The flower stamp is of course from PTI Beautiful Blooms, cut out with my Cuttlebug and Flower Die Cut, and then mounted with a dimensional. The stem is from Rhonna Farrer Elegant Flourishes set by Autumn Leaves, I love that set and can't wait to do more with that in my scrap pages. The sentiment is again PTI, Paper Tray. Simple and sweet, and I need something that went fast. Of course, then I had to write novels inside them to thank everyone for their generous gifts, but that's my style. I am big on thank you cards; people like to be acknowledged, and what better way to do that than to send a thank you.

Well, my daughter is talking up a storm in her bed so I must save the rest for later. Perhaps tomorrow there will be another post? Oh surely you jest :-) See you then, and have a fabulous evening!

No comments: