Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


I hope you are all having a better day than I am today. The only good thing about today is that it is an absolutely beautiful day (weather), and that my kids get to go trick or treating. It has been a rough day!
But on a happy note - I wanted to quickly share two of the Halloween cards that I made. I did actually make Halloween cards, but they were few and for those closest to my heart, as my time was limited after I so brilliantly decided to be "that" mom who makes the Halloween costumes instead of buying them. I must say though, I am very proud of my work :-) LOL! Plus, an added bonus is that my son is sooooooo Super excited about the whole thing and loves his costume. Can't wait to see them in them!


The cards were both made from stamps I found in the cheapy bins at A.C.Moore and Michael's respectively. I colored them both with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. And of course both of them had to have some Stickles for sparkle.

The paper on the spider card is actually from a stack my mother bought for me about seven years ago. I seriously don't know why I still have it, but it was a good thing I did cause I don't really have much in the way of Halloween colors, except black of course.

The "faux" stitching is from Technique Tuesday's Hanging By A Thread set with Brilliance Black Ink. The sentiment is from a letter set I found in Target's $ bin with their Halloween punched and gems. That was stamped in Versamagic Dew Drops Pumpkin Spice and cut with an SU! Word Window Punch.

Now for the Ghost card: the orange polka dots is from DCWV, the ric-rac is May Arts, the spider web paper is actually hand drawn by me with a white Signo Gel Pen since my supply for this holiday is so limited.

The sentiment is letter stamps from the MSE set Perky (I think?). The spiders are actually very glittery IRL, they are those Halloween double sided stickers from Martha Stewart at Michael's. I got them last week when they started their 50% off sale on some of her stuff. I got some great stuff with that sale - but I won't go into that here :-)

Well, I better get going, gotta get ready for the big reveal! Have a safe and haunting night! BWAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Kacey, you've been tagged! Check my blog for details. I hope you don't mind :) By the way, I love your cards!

Liz