Monday, August 27, 2007

A Super-Quick Healthy Recipe That Tastes Good Too!

Good morning all!
Do you love the idea of eating something healthy, but that tastes good too? I have been trying a few new recipes (while tweeking them a bit to meet my tastes) and this is a fail-safe recipe that so far everyone loves (even people who look at it and say that looks interesting!). A friend of mine who is also an at-home caterer discovered a fabulous, super-quick, recipe that everyone loves, and passed it on to me. I wanted to pass it on to you all for something really quick for you to try. Here goes:

  • 1 whole tomatoe chopped, seeded and drained
  • 1 can of corn drained
  • 1 can of black beans drained
  • a few dashes of hot sauce

Here is where my tweeking comes in... I use 1 can of diced tomatoes with mild green chilies already in them (faster and no mess). The I add a few dashes of mild green hot sauce because my kids don't like things really spicey. There you have it! I serve it like a dip/salsa with multi-grain tortilla chips. Wonderful, quick, healthy, black bean salsa if you will! Try it and hope you like it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing.