Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Something A Little Different...

Although I still love papercrafting, I needed to take a little break. One of the things I haven't quite finished organizing is my craft area, so I am finding it hard to get in there to be creative. Not to mention that some of my favorite shows - like LOST - have started up again, and I have been using my "free" time to fit my shows in and to pack up and clean my house to get it ready to put it on the market - FINALLY! It's been kind of nice purging "things." But in the process I have been thinking about how much my tastes have changed and what I want for our new house. I haven't painted in a while, so I thought I would work on a little project for our half bath downstairs. After painting the walls I felt it needed something new and understated. Not to mention that I can paint and watch TV at the same time :-). So here is what I came up with...


I saw some really nice paintings at Target about a month ago, they were with the new patio furniture (can't find an image on-line to show you) but they were $30 plus depending on the size. Of course they weren't brown either, more Springy colors, so I took a similar idea and made it my own. The dandelion, although not a flower, can still be pretty in it's own way.

This whole project, all three canvases, paint and ribbon probably cost me about $8 to make, if that. Since I bought the cheap canvases, the ones with the staples showing on the sides, I just covered them with some PTI Chocolate ribbon and made, like a frame. Here is a side view...


My husband actually said, "They look nice!" and he usually doesn't even notice when I change something.

Well, I have other things, just not the time to download today. I need to start working on my Valentine's Cards - UGH! Where is the time going???!!!

Have a fabulous week! As always thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed something a little different :-)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW Kacey!! Stunning!! And how nicely finished with the ribbon - these are ace. You should make these and sell them on Etsy.

Sue J. said...

I hadn't thought about ribbon trim down the sides. Cool idea! I painted some ballerinas for my niece. Left the staples, though.

And dandelions are great when they're blowing on the wall--LOL!!

Seriously, what a beautiful and simple way to dress up a wall--beautifully grouped as well. Thanks for the ideas....

And hope all goes well with the house thing!