Friday, August 1, 2008

Beauty and The BEEst...

In this case, I will start with the "BEEst". Here I am trying to better my life and get back into shape. It is 6:30 AM Tuesday morning. I am "walking, walking, walking" as my friend Kelly C. would say. I am about 1.25 miles into my walk, enjoying some Colbie Caillat on my MP3, and BAMM! out of nowhere I get stung by a BEE. Not only did this bee sting me, but he had the audacity to leave his stinger in my wrist (which by the way I have since learned to scrape out carefully so as not to release anymore venom into your skin - yeah, I didn't do that!!!!!!!!!!). So I have to turn around and walk the 1.25 miles I have already walked to get back home while I am in excruciating pain. I was literally saying to myself "You can do this, it doesn't hurt that bad!" WHATEVER!!!

Now here is the thing, I have been stung by bees before, but they must have been yellow jackets because I have never seen a stinger before. (I have learned a lot about bees this week!) It turns out only honey bees actually leave stingers behind, and as a result of this dastly deed, they die, so you see it really doesn't work out well for either party here :-)

Well, apparently I am allergic to honey bees! My right limb from fingers to elbow has been blown up like the Goodyear Blimp - pretty sight, let me tell ya. Luckily, my reaction this time is considered mild, in other words, I did not go into anaphalactic shock and die!!! (Ok, I know I am being dramatic, but what's life without a little drama?!) However, I am told that this may not be the reaction I get if it happens again; it could actually be much worse. Great now there is something to look forward to...

Well, the swelling is going down, and I am now able to type, but who knows, you might still find a typo or two...


Anyway, I wanted to share some things I made last week for my friend Beverly, whom I met at the PTI Forum. Beverly is a wonderful person, and will go out of her way to do extra special things for people just because. I have never met her in person, and have only corresponded via email and mail, but her words are always kind and thoughtful. She is a very generous spirit, and for that I thank her...


With this card...

And this magnet...


I wanted to remind her that being creative isn't about what other people think of your work, it's about what you think and how you interpret those thoughts. At least that's what this quote says for me. I hope it inspires her to create and share her work! And I hope it inspires you just to share yourself with someone today.

Well, I think that is all for me for now. I was a bit long-winded; I missed my blog!

Have a fabulous Monday!




What I Used:

Thank You Card
Stamps: Studio G Thanks So Much, Impression Obsession Solid Florals Paper: Cream Premade Notecards from Paper Studio?, Chocolate Paper Studio Ink: Versamagic Dew Drops Jumbo Java
Accessories: MS Butterfly Trio Punch, Rust seam binding ribbon, scallop scissors, nestabilities

Creativity Magnet
Square Nestabilities, Cuttlebug and dies, Whole Punch, Felt, Wrights Ribbon, Brads Joanns and Making Memories, Computer and Scriptina Font, Fabric Glue, Butons American Crafts, Embroidery Thread



9 comments:

Sue J said...

I try not to put fear into the kids. "The bee will go away," I say. But I remember getting stung not long ago and I was NOT happy about it! Ground bees....we have trouble seeing them, and when we do--yikes!

I'm sorry to hear that you are reacting as such, though. Epi-pen for you? And then you have to make sure you take it on those walks! Glad you were safe in your discovery.

And I hope your hand gets back to normal so we can see some more of Kacey's creative genius!

Kimberly said...

Oh no! I hope that you start healing quickly!!!Glad that your reaction was just swelling and not more serious, though! Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your encounter with the BEE! It is amazing that such a small critter can cause such a reaction. Take care and feel better soon.
Vonda

The Patterson 5 said...

Ouch! Sorry you had such a bad reaction. I agree with Sue J I hope they gave you an Epi-pen for just in case it happens again.

I love your cards they are beautiful!

Barb Schram said...

Bee careful...reactions can be very scary. Our oldest daughter is allergic and it is not the easiest drama to endure! Take good care and glad you are doing ok.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh my word Kacey!!! i am so glad you are ok~ those projects are soo nice...I bet you were thrilled with them!

ka said...

OMG! A bee stung me once! Right on my lower lip and it got all puffy! So embarrassing. It wasn't serious but the puffyness is very visible.

I hope you feel better.

I just want to tell you that those projects are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Chatty Kelly said...

BEE-U-T-FUL card! But BEE careful when walking. Sorry for the puns but I am BEE side myself with laughter. I need to just BEE serious.

Walking...I've gained back 5 of the 10 lbs I lost since I stopped walking. I need to get back to it...once school starts. Cause I want to BEE fit.

I just need to BEE HIVE! I mean, behave!

Precious Scraps by Beverly said...

I just saw this Kasey, you are so sweet. I put this on my blog this morning before I saw this, how funny. You are such a dear sweet lady. BEE careful from now on. lol