Monday, July 7, 2008

I Finally Did Taylor's Challenge...

Hope you all had a fabulous 4th! We had a busy weekend, despite the fact that we really didn't go anywhere - go figure! We saw WALL-E on Friday, it was really cute, and it has a really great message to for the young and old(er). My kids had no clue what the movie was really about, they just liked WALL-E and EVE and all the other robots in it. This was my daughter's first movie ever in a theatre (she is almost three). She did pretty well, although at one point my husband let her go out into the aisle and she thought she could hang from the handrail. I was out of my seat like a shot to get her, needless to say she really did not like me at that point and everyone in the theatre knew it! But, I would suggest going to see it if you are looking for a kids movie with a good message. We enjoyed it!

Now for the card... Taylor VanBruggen has a "Cupcake Challenge" every week. She is a fabulous designer and I get a lot of inspiration from her. In her Challenge she encourages you to use cupcakes (hence the name "Cupcake Challenge") in your projects, but most importantly she really just wants you to follow her sketch. I have a cupcake or two, but none that were large enough to fit the rectangular panel, so I went with something a bit different for me.

I have had this Doodlebug stamp set for quite some time and never used it. It brings a smile to my face every time I look at it though and I have a friend who is going through a divorce who could use some cheering up. I am hoping this does just that! I used a lot of stickles to make it sparkle and quite a few dimensionals to make it pop out too! Like I said, this is very different for me, in more ways than one, but I really like how it turned out. Hope you enjoy seeing it!

Since it is very late here, almost 1:15 am, I will say goodnight. My son has swim lessons at 8:30 am, and my daughter will be up a good two hours before that!

Have a fabulous night/morning!



What I Used:
Stamps: Doodlebug Friends, PTI Mixed Messages
Ink: Stazon Black
Paper: PTI White and Berry Sorbet, Basic Black SU!
Accessories: Dimensionals, Stardust and Black Diamond Stickles, PTI Berry Sorbet Polka Dot Ribbon, Martha Stewart Coal and Pink Flamingo Markers, Paper Piercer, Mini Scallop Scissors


3 comments:

The Patterson 5 said...

Very cute card! Thanks as well for the movie review! Maybe we will go see it too!

Taylor said...

This is sooo cute! I love the little flower border across the bottom and the bright pink! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is sooo cute!!! what a great card! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! :)