Thursday, July 2, 2009

Father's Day Full of Stars...

I seriously never thought I would be so crazy busy this summer. Having our house up for sale, going to school, keeping kids entertained for the summer, and volunteering, not to mention taking on more than I can handle in the cardmaking "business," is seriously making me re-think how much I can truly handle. I haven't seen my bed before 1 am for about two weeks now. Enough complaining!


But before the holiday weekend hits I wanted to post some of the Father's Day cards I made for my dad and my Fathers-in law (I have two and consider myself lucky!). I also made a card for my brother, but I will post that one next time; it doesn't exactly go with the theme here :P

For all of these cards I used the Papertrey set Star Prints . I really like this set for masculine cards, but I almost didn't buy it. I kept going back and looking at it because I really liked the font used in the set and the variety of stars. Now I am so happy I purchased it! I made a scrap page with it too, but I am saving that for another post too since I am thinking of submitting that one.

So, onto the cards... I have the hardest time doing masculine, so I figured staying clean and simple was the way to go.


This was for my dad...

I really liked the green with the Smokey Shadow, it's actually a dark gray, or light black depending on if you are a half-full or half-empty kind of gal! The main panel is popped up on dimensionals while the green is glued directly to the Smokey Shadow. The sentiment is embossed with detail white. All the supplies used on this card are Papertrey with the exception of the white ink.

These two were for my Fathers-in-law.

The Cowboy... The Retired Navy Official...
Appropriate colors right? :) The squares are popped up on dimensionals for that added depth. Although sometimes it can be a challenge to line the squares up with dimensionals between them, I really like the shadowy effect it creates. Again the sentiments are embossed.

Well that's about it for me. It is now after 11, and I still have to finish a paper by tomorrow and finish some invitations. I am soooooo tired!

I hope you have a very Happy 4th of July! Enjoy spending time with your families and friends, but most of all enjoy the freedom you have to do so and remember those who fight for that freedom every day.

Stay safe!

Thanks for visiting,


No comments: