Friday, June 20, 2008

Hello Again!

Ok, here I am again apologizing for being a bad blogger. I really never expected some of the turns life has taken for us over the last few months. Trust me when I say blogging was one of the furthest things from my mind. So, thanks for hanging in there with me! This card is for you :-)

*** ETA: Once I saw the pic below on the screen, I felt like their was too much white space above the bird, so I added a little slit with my craft knife and some sponging over and now I think I like it better the old way :-( Oh well, too late to change it now!
I haven't had a desire to create much of anything lately. It could have had quite a bit to do with the fact that my craft area looked like it was in the middle of a hurricane still in progress! BUT... my WONDERFUL husband bought me some new cabinets for Mother's Day, which he put together on Father's Day - LOL! Here they are...and I LOVE THEM! I feel like I am in paradise! I don't need much, just new cabinets.

I needed some motivation and was blurfing and found Sarah's inspiration piece, just what I needed to get started again. I am seriously HOPING that I can make it at least a weekly update - HOPING!

I have had this chipboard bird for years, and never used any of them. I bought some fun flock months ago and never used that either - bad crafter! So, Sarah's inspiration piece forced me to finally use both and then some. I love the Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush and Kraft cardstocks from PTI - their paper is such a nice weight, well worth every penny :-)

Ok, well we are off to run in the sprinkler and paint doors - oh, what fun! Have a fabulous Friday! We are heading to a summer solstice party tonight, enjoy the longest day of the year!

What I used:

Stamps: PTI Mixed Messages and Polka Dot Basics
Paper: Kraft, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush all PTI, Chocolate Chip SU, Vanilla unknown
Ink: Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Staz On Timber BrownAccessories: Circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug and Flower Dies, Ric Rac American Crafts, Corner Rounder, 1/16" Whole Punch, Flower Thumb Punch, Rhinestones, Fun Flock in Caramel and Dimensionals

I think that's it!

1 comment:

The Patterson 5 said...

Very cute! I love your crafting shelves-keeping everything nice and neat!